Sunday, April 4, 2010

New life

On this Easter morning, it is fitting to reflect on the abundance of blessings God has bestowed on me.

A year ago I was still in fragile recovery from Cancer 2.0. I had endured a terrifying diagnosis, dealt with the challenges of chemotherapy and struggled back to health from major abdominal surgery. By the first few days of last April, I had just returned to work and was looking forward to the birth of my first grandchild. Things were looking brighter, but I was also afraid of getting too optimistic about the future. This morning I am in awe of how richly I have been blessed.

Easter would not dawn as bright and beautiful if not in contrast to the solemn message of Good Friday. Sometimes we have to experience fear and despair to appreciate what is good and right in our lives. This morning I am renewed, and I pray that God will use me to be a blessing to others.

No comments: