Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Love is a made bed


TC knows that his bedmaking skills don't quite meet my exacting standards, but this is the most beautifully made bed I've ever seen. 

Because he might not make it at all if it were up to him. 

Making the bed every day is one of the countless ways he tells me he loves me and is committed to making sure I am not doing any more than I should be for these next few weeks.

He won't let me make the bed or load and unload the dishwasher or cook or clean up the kitchen afterward. 

My only job around the house these days is to get better, and he is a loving task master keeping me focused on that goal. 

So that means TC, who is undeniably the Walter Matthau to my Jack Lemmon, is playing both roles in our Odd Couple relationship for the time being. 

And I am learning to tap into some of my inner Oscar and let go of the Felix. That lets me be just fine with a bed that is made with love if not with regimented perfection. 

Today we celebrate our third wedding anniversary, knowing that we can get through some of the "worse" on our way to a lot more "better." 

You're a good man, TC Brown. And I love you!




4 comments:

tc said...

And lovin’ you back just as much gurl! ❤️😘

Anonymous said...

Well said Mary. Try as they might our guys just don't "see" what we see but they try because they know it means alot.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful loving tribute to the little things that mean so much. So great to hear the healing continues. You are blessed to have each other. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Love you both ❤️❤️ Happy Anniversary!πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸŽ‰❤️❤️