Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Prayers answered

"Negative" has never sounded so positive.

As in, the post-surgery blood test that we have been waiting for to show whether the custom DNA analysis for cancer markers in my blood found any signs of cancer. Negative!

The shared joy was apparent in the voice on the other end of the phone call I received late Monday afternoon from my medical oncologist. He said he had good news, and I could tell from his tone that it was very good even before he said the words. 

This was exactly the result we had been hoping and fervently praying for -- along with friends and family members. The doctor cautioned that this kind of analysis is still new, but along with my previous history of a dozen years between recurrences and the clean pathology report after my June 9 surgery, this third indicator of no sign of cancer in my blood sealed his recommendation to forego chemotherapy. 

Did you hear our huge sign of relief?

I had been growing anxious as the wait for blood test results stretched longer. The lightness I felt after talking with the doctor was immense. I had just stopped at my daughter's house to give her chickens some food and water and I almost felt like hugging the hens as I ended the call and processed the great news. 

CT scans at the end of September will be the next destination on this journey. TC and I will keep the faith and stay positive that they, too, will come back "negative."  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such joyous news!❤️πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Anonymous said...

Thanks Be to God wonderful news

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear LordπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» and I think you should hug the hens❤️❤️😘😘