Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby stealing

I am back at my favorite luxury resort with a new favorite morning routine.

The place is my sister's home on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The new way to start my day is to steal my grandson out of the bedroom where he is sleeping with my daughter. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement that gives me special time with the baby and lets his mom sleep a few more hours undisturbed.

This little guy is such a sweetheart! Right now he is sleeping contentedly next to me, sharing a sofa in the sun room as my sister and I enjoy our morning coffee with quiet conversation, noting today's sunny weather forecast.

A bottle is ready for whenever the baby starts stirring and sends signals that he is ready for another feeding. He has simple demands and is easily satisfied. In return, he gives so much joy with his increasingly more intent gazes and meaningful coos.

My morning gym routine at home is a good way to start the day, too, but it can't compare to baby stealing.

1 comment:

Chanda Dicke said...

Enjoy your time with that baby and your family