Saturday, October 8, 2011

All A'Twitter

When I started this blog three years ago, I was amazed at the ability blogging gave me to reach out to audiences beyond my immediate target of family and friends. My initial purpose was to keep well-wishers updated on my cancer treatment, and it was therapy, too, to write some of what I was experiencing. It did that and more as friends shared with friends and people I never expected would be interested told me they appreciated what I wrote.

Lately I am astounded by the potential of Twitter and Facebook to carry the written word farther and faster. I am such a novice but, with some patient coaching from a work colleague, I am trying to learn how to speak Twitter.

It starts with declaring who you are, which is an interesting exercise in itself. My Twitter handle is @maryyost, and here is where I landed for my profile:
Advocate for hospitals and wellness; serial cancer survivor; former journalist; wife, mom and grandma living a blessed life!
 
There is something powerful about summing up who you are and what you stand for in a few words. It even gave me the option of sharing my blog site, which is nice! For me, the profile statement is a reminder that anything I post in this blog or Tweet about should fall somewhere within those attributes.
 
This morning I am feeling very blessed indeed. Indian summer is here, the weekend stretches ahead of me, I got to spend time with my daughter, mom and grandsons last night and my health is good. That's certainly something to tell the world!

No comments: