Monday, August 10, 2009

Good medicine

I think I have discovered a new treatment for high blood pressure -- holding your grandchild.

High blood pressure has never been one of my problems, but if it were, the contentment that flows from cuddling a grandbaby would surely drop the readings to optimum levels. It is a feeling like no other -- relaxation, wonder, love and appreciation all rolled into euphoric bliss.

Tom and I were fortunate to get our Dodge fix three out of the last four days. We're trying to see him as much as we can before his paternal grandfather and step-grandmother arrive for a visit this weekend, when we'll have to fade back for a while and let them get their fill of him.

Holding your grandchild must be good medicine for anything that ails you. I know snuggling this little grandson of mine makes me feel amazingly well and determined to stay that way.

No comments: