Friday, December 4, 2009

New me!

I have finally updated the photo of myself on this blog. (I think I updated it on Facebook, too, but that's another story. Still don't know how all this technology works!)

The old photo was from almost a year ago. It was taken on the occasion of Ben's OSU graduation, so it is fitting to update the picture this week, while Ben is visiting from his new home in Mississippi. I was wearing my first wig in the old photo, and the picture was taken before I accidentally fried my bangs in a New Year's Eve cooking mishap, which prompted me to get the second wig.

My new photo is with my real hair, which has grown back nicely since chemo ended in January. The curl that marked the initial regrowth is waning now, as I thought it would. My goal is to get it back to about the length it was for Mandy and Andy's wedding in 2006.

Here's the best reason of all for updating my photo -- the good report I had from the doctor this week. My most recent MRI showed no new concerns and no problems with the areas we have been watching! As a result, my OSU oncologist has lengthened my leash and doesn't need to see me again until March! The coming holidays are feeling very, very happy!