Friday, May 12, 2023

Back to the future

Almost fifteen years after my first diagnosis, and 12 years after a single small recurrence, I really didn't expect to be writing again about dealing with a new sarcoma tumor. But there it is -- a golf ball-sized mass in my lower right lung. 

So my path forward means taking a backstep first to a drill that I have completed successfully twice before and fully intend to again. Make that three times before if you count my breast cancer in 1996. 

I go into this fight with a lot of positives on my side. I am feeling as healthy and fit as I have ever felt. The doctors I will be seeing at OSU's James Cancer Center are even more experienced with sarcoma than in my last go-round. And while I had a supportive and optimistic spouse at my side then, God rest Tom's soul, new hubby TC is not taking this sitting down. He already has us on an anti-cancer diet and has shown me the power of meditation to tap into my body's own healing strength. 

I know there is an army of friends and loved ones ready to be prayer warriors when they learn the fight is on again. They will carry me through this battle just as they did before.

And I will continue to chronicle the journey here. Writing these blog entries was therapeutic for me before, and I know it will be again. I hope you will find my journaling to be entertaining, educational and inspiring.

Thank you in advance for all of you who will walk with me by following my progress and lending me your strength. This win will be epic! And there will be many more beach vacations to come.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am again praying for you and know your positive outlook will beat this again! I will follow your blog as you write so well Please know I am rooting hard for you!!!

tcbrown said...

I'm a little damp at the moment honey, but no less strong and determined that together, being the team that we are, we are going to do all the right things to get you healed. Our "armies" will surround this foe and defeat it and I'm not surprised to already see and feel the outpouring of support you (we) have. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

We are part of ur rah rah team in texas!! Sending you Big Cooperrider hugs, well wishes and prayers too. From Rick and jeanette

Kristin Brooker said...

Your strength and perseverance are truly amazing and incredibly inspiring. I am so proud to be your niece! We will be praying for your speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I know you’ve got this! Prayers for strength & healing 🙏

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers, healing vibes and hugs from St Pete. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Joanne and Brian