Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Totally Crazy


These beautiful roses showed up in a ribbon-wrapped vase on our kitchen counter the other day. They made me smile and then my grin grew as I read the card. The signature was "Totally Crazy" -- an alternative meaning for my husband's long-ago adopted first name, TC.

TC was never really meant as an acronym. An Air Force buddy started calling him TCB back in the day and soon after the "B" was dropped, shortening the nickname to TC. The full story is in the memoir he has worked on for a couple of years and which may someday be published. 

The flowers were a sweet thank-you for my help in editing his manuscript, which was a labor of love for me in many ways. I love the work of editing (and writing). I love learning more about TC's past. And I love reading his writing; he is a skilled craftsman in that art.   

The bouquet was also a fragrant (yes, these roses actually smell heavenly!) reminder that cancer is not the only thing going on in my life right now. Besides his memoir, TC and I both have projects that we enjoy doing -- he writes real estate columns for Columbus Monthly magazine and I do occasional freelance writing and editing as needed. Activities with family and friends also keep us busy. 

And the flowers remind me of the thoughtful partner who is supporting me in my cancer fight -- encouraging me to eat healthy, meditate and exercise so that I am in the best position to win this battle.

For lots of good reasons, I am "totally crazy" about TC.

4 comments:

Tassie said...

Many blessings from above brought you and TC together ❤️❤️so thankful you have each other as you journey through the days ahead 🙏🏻❤️love and hugs !

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that stint with the Pink Flamingos...!

Anonymous said...

♥️♥️