Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Cut it out!

We met with a surgeon today and were pleased to hear that he recommends surgery on a fast track to take out the sarcoma that has reinvaded me. 

There are a couple of hurdles to clear first, starting with a full-body PET scan tomorrow, May 17, to make sure there are no other places where the cancer is lurking. Then he'll also want another scan to make sure the tumor is not too close to my heart so he can do the surgery robotically, with a much faster recovery time.

If all goes well, the surgery will be on June 9 at the OSU James Cancer Hospital. 

This is still very surreal. I feel too good to be this sick, but I am so thankful that I didn't have to wait until I felt really bad to learn that I have this cancer to fight again. Angels are watching over me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Encouraging news. Sending prayers that the pre-opp scans go well. We are cheering, praying, and sending lots of love and hugs your way. ❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️🤗 Jojo and Brian.