Sunday, October 26, 2008

Making progress

I knew when I e-mailed friends and family on Oct. 18 about how I was feeling so good that it was probably due in part to the chemo-high of good stuff to counteract the bad. Now I also know the low that follows can be a doozy!

After a rough couple of days, I started feeling stronger again by Tuesday of this past week. Part of that I attribute to being able to stop taking pain pills every four hours. The pills weren't really making me drowsy but the cumulative effect of living from pill to pill was getting to me. It is so much better to have a clearer head without them.

And here's the best part -- I have been able to stay away from the pain pills because I don't still have that feeling that my abdomen is ready to explode. The lump is either shrinking or at least it's not still growing like it was!

Now I am looking forward to a good week before chemo starts up again this coming Friday.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad to hear it! I hate the reason you have this blog, but I really enjoy seeing the updates.

I love you!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

This blog is a great idea! I will be checking it frequently as you are always on my mind lately.
Love,
Kristin

I've also been thinking of you and I know your strength will get you through your treatments.
My prayers are with you,
Eric

Anonymous said...

Mary--I think of you 100 times a day. Now I can check on you every time I think of you :-) Btw, you could also email me updates!!

Love, Elizabeth Murch

Doug Frazier said...

Hang in there Mary. Your Rotarian friends are here for anything you need from hugs to errands to taxi service. Most importantly, we are all saying prayers.

Doug Frazier

ps - I knew the journalist in you would find an outlet for this. Perhaps there will be a book when this is all a distant memory?

Anonymous said...

Kim and I are thinking of you often and continue to be inspired by your spirit. Thanks for keeping us posted!
~Jonathan Archey

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to communicate with ALL of the people who are thinking about you and your family. Please know you are in the Klingler's prayers daily -- and twice on Sundays!

Hang in there, Mary.

Anonymous said...

Mary, We met at the OHA meeting in August at Nemacolin.We compared notes. Pat sent the e-mail from Mary to me. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers. I will continue to check your blog. Susan Martin

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to share your ongoing saga - and it must really save you time and energy. Very important thing to do I'm sure.

You have answered a burning question which the Hornbaker siblings have been having about when your last episode of cancer was. Thanks for that.

We are all thinking of you and i'm sending you a major full on hug as only a cooperrider/mock/hornbaker woman knows how to give. Ha!

Love ya,
Jeanette and Rick too