Friday, October 31, 2008

Tricks and Treats

It is Halloween and I am looking forward to beginning my second round of chemo today. Really!

A round -- at least as I am defining it -- is a three-week cycle. Today I will get one chemo drug, Gemzar, plus all the good stuff they give you to help counteract bad effects of the drug. Next week will be the two-drug dose, and then I will have a week off.

I am viewing the drugs I will get today as my treat. Now that I have been through a full round of this, I have an expectation that today's treatment will not be too hard on me. There will probably be a little bit of a downer on Sunday, following the chemo high of today and most of Saturday. But the one-drug treatment shouldn't zap my energy like the double dose does.

The target for the trick is the tumor. The first round started to get its attention. Now it's time to kick it around some more and force it to start shrinking in terror. My abiding thought for today is that this Halloween treatment scares the heck out of my lump!

No comments: