Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back home again!

I dreamed last night that I lived in an amazing house with the most wonderful amenities and immense comfort. And I woke up in that same mindset. My home hadn't changed during five days in the hospital, but my appreciation was much keener. I received great care in the hospital, but nothing beats being back home.

My surgery went well and the doctors said it was a best-case scenario. The tumor they removed was fully encapsulated, with no dreaded tendrils sneaking away to cause trouble elsewhere. No hysterectormy was necessary afterall, and I sacrificed just a bit of small intestine to which the tumor was attached. Everything else they could see in my innards looked clean, including lymph nodes.

The prayers that preceded me into the hospital and have followed me home are much appreciated. As I work through recuperation, my daily mantra is this: I am very blessed!


3 comments:

Chris said...

Praise God!!! You're right, there's so much power in prayer --- and you are surrounded by it!!! You are much loved and indeed "blessed". Couldn't be happier!!! xox

Ron said...

YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!
I think a lot of us have been waiting to hear from you. Great news. The old-time bakers used to have a saying that said ..."As you ramble on through life, brother (or sister too :-) )whatever be your goal; keep your eye upon the dougnut, and not upon the hole". Yhere is just nothing like an outpouring of prayer and a good positive attitude. You sure have both. Congratulations, and take care, my friend.
Ron

Yvette McGee Brown said...

Mary, this is great news!! We are all praying with you. As your friend, I am blessed to know you. It is true that life is 90% attitude. You exemplify this. Love you and believing that this is it for the economy and your health. We are headed up!!!

Yvette