Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheers!

I'm toasting to good friends. I'm toasting to good times. I'm toasting to good food. I'm toasting to toast. I'm toasting to anything I can think of to try to get this gallon jug emptied.

It's surgery prep day, and that means I am supposed to drink this awful stuff to clean up my innards, but I'm not very good at it.

I started right on time -- set the alarm clock for 6:45 so I could begin my cocktails at 7 a.m. And I have been drinking a glass every 15 minutes as directed -- but apparently my glass wasn't big enough. Instead of finishing the jug in two hours, it's been four hours now and I'm still not finished.

So here come more toasts -- to rainy mornings that I don't have to go to work, to emails letting me know I'm in the prayers of lots of people, to nearby bathrooms, to finally emptying the jug. Here's to you!

6 comments:

Nita Sweeney said...

Cheers to you, Mary! Will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Sherry said...

You go girl. I bet our toasts last night were a lot better tasting. Love and prayers are with you.

Mary said...

Thanks, ladies!

Chris Parrill/Vasil said...

Cheers all the way! You're gonna sail through this like you have every thing in your life! <3

Balancing Act said...

So glad you're keeping us in the loop, Mary. A full-out load of prayers and positive thoughts coming at you!

Anonymous said...

the toast is now being made in Texas. Ann just called and i also spoke with your mom. You go girl!

continued good thoughts and prayers.
rick and jeanette