Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Perfect!

I can't count the number of times in the last few days that I have stopped to marvel at the miracle that is my grandson.

For starters, he is just beautiful! I know every grandparent says that, and now I understand why. It is true you can't appreciate how wonderful it is to have a grandchild until you do.

The contentment I feel at this moment is almost overwhelming. I have taken another day off work to try to be a good grandma. Baby Dodge is sleeping a few feet away in his Pack 'n Play, Mandy and Andy are getting some much-needed sleep upstairs and even their dog in sleeping quietly in his bed next to my chair. What peacefulness and joy!

My son commented a few days ago about all that has transpired since we first learned Mandy and Andy were expecting this wonderful blessing. Ben has graduated from OSU and moved into a new phase in his life, with good signs of promise for his future. I had successful surgery and have recovered well, with no signs of recurring cancer. We will soon celebrate my neice's wedding.

The nice thing about the tough times in our lives is how sweet they make the good times. I feel very blessed by all the experiences I have had.

No comments: