Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And many more

I don't know where the last three years have gone, or how they passed so quickly, but this morning I keep drifting back to May 27, 2006 -- my daughter's wedding day.

It was an amazing day for two amazing people. Mandy and our son-in-law, Andy, are a wonderful couple brought together by a deep and abiding love. I could not be prouder of the individuals they are and the choice they made to take each other as their life's partner.

I look back over these three years and am reminded of the wedding vows they took. For richer or poorer. In sickness and in health. To love and support one another no matter what.

With a baby boy on the way, their own good health, a nice home and a beautiful piece of land invested for their future, their blessings are many. They also have their share of challenges with Mandy's recent layoff from the newspaper and now a threat that Andy could be laid off if voters reject a city income tax increase.

Their vision into the future may not be as clear as mine. From the perspective of 35 years of marriage, I see confidently that they will get through this current turbulence. I rejoice at the richness they will soon experience with adding a child to their family. I give thanks that they live close by so that Tom and I can enjoy their company often.

Happy Anniversary, Mandy and Andy!

No comments: