Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sick bay

I'm feeling good but my home computer is sick. I have not been able to do my usual morning posts since Monday because a virus wouldn't let me access the Internet from our home PC, and once I get to the office, the opportunity for a little personal blogging flies out the window.

I could have brought my laptop home during the week, but the eternal optimist in me kept thinking a little more time at night was all I needed to try to get the home computer working again. The virus that had attacked the computer had other ideas.

Even the purchase and installation of new anti-virus software didn't do the trick. Now the virus that was sending us pop-up messages and interfering with our Internet access appears to be gone. But the newly installed protection against getting more viruses is working so good that it not only blocks new viruses, it blocks us from getting on the Internet at all.

Maybe I can get a live "help desk" person on the phone today to figure out what computer cure we need. Until then, thank goodness for my laptop!

No comments: