Saturday, May 30, 2009

I win!

The news yesterday was just wanted I wanted to hear: My latest CT scans are clear. No tumors were seen lurking between or within the organs in my abdomen.

Did you hear the big sigh of relief?

Tom met me at the OSU physician's office to receive the test results with me. He puts on a good show of always expecting a positive outcome, but anticipation of the test results had robbed him of some sleep the night before, too.

The good news put the perfect glow on a beautiful spring evening. We sat on the deck and relaxed as you can only when you get this kind of report. I called Mandy to come join us for a celebratory pizza, knowing Andy was working and she would be home alone, waiting to hear my results. My sister in Mississippi phoned on her way home from work, also anxious to know what I had learned.

The evening was a great reminder that I do not keep watch against a return of my cancer alone. Those who love me are holding vigil alongside me. This is not an individual competition but a team sport. That is the best news of all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT NEWS!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! Congrats! Sue J.