Thursday, February 12, 2009

The big day!

We are about to head out to the hospital and I go with an amazing reservoir of strength, thanks to those I have been able to reach out to and who have responded in love. I could not have made this journey to this point without the love and power of prayer that has surrounded me.

I pray others who are facing adversity find a way to share their burdens, not just with God but with those who are more than willing to offer their love and support, if only you ask. That has been the greatest lesson I have learned in recent months. I know it will continue to carry me through my recovery.

A friend at work gave me a beautiful angel this week with an inscription that I have enjoyed reading and sharing with others. Attributed to Mother Teresa, it says: "I know that God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

I would add to that thought: and thank goodness He gave me so many friends and well-wishes to urge me on and support me in this battle!

Thanks to all who have offered their prayers, positive thoughts and love. The next post will be from my daughter, Mandy, to let you know that I have come through the surgery with great success and am ready for the healing to follow! Love to all!

No comments: