Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Building stamina

As recently as a week ago, I was having serious doubts about my readiness to return to work on my planned timeline -- next week! -- but I am feeling much better about it now.

Last week I was still needing naps to get through the day and to relieve lingering discomfort from my surgery. A little concerned that my endurance was not where it needed to be, I decided some short outings were in order this week to test my strength and stamina. I am encouraged by the progress, having spent a couple hours out with my daughter on Monday and with my mom yesterday. Doctors' visits today and tomorrow are scheduled and I'll wrap up the week with an outing with Tom on Friday.

Coming weeks will bring new challenges. Getting my stride back at work is part of it; facing whatever follow-up treatment may be needed is likely the bigger challenge.

Whatever lies ahead, I am confident I will have what I need to handle it because I have had everything I needed to get through a lot so far. I know God won't let me down now; nor will my family and friends. I am continually amazed at the support that has been there exactly when I needed it! I know more than ever that a primary purpose in life is to help others who need a little boost.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mary! Here's a little boost for you...although we may not comment regularly know that your friends are cheering you on, applauding your progress and most of all are continually amazed at your faith and determination! Thanks for letting us inside your life and for the boosts of faith we all benefit from! Sue J.