Monday, April 20, 2009

In search of ZZZZZs

It's one thing to have a restless sleep, but at least the emphasis is on sleep.

Lately I seem to be having more sleepless rests. I'll climb into bed early enough, read for a little while, lie there completely comfortable and then stare at the ceiling for the next couple of hours, wondering why sleep is so elusive.

When post-surgery pain and healing were factors, the pain pills at least helped me sleep in four-hour increments. Now it seems like I've forgotten how to sleep more than a few hours at a time when I do finally nod off.

The weather this morning would be perfect for staying in bed. It's what Tom and I like to call a good sleeping rain. But I answered the alarm after about three hours' sleep and I'm heading off to work. Maybe being extra tired will help me find Mr. Sandman tonight without too much effort.

No comments: