Saturday, April 18, 2009

New face; no friends

I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to a lot of social media, but I can now proudly report that I am on Facebook. And I also worked up the courage to post a photo of myself on this blog! The photo is one from an especially happy day -- Ben's OSU graduation.

I thought I had created a Facebook account several months ago when a tech-savvy colleague required one to sign up for a conference she was chairing. I followed her directions at the time, then immediately forgot about it. My daughter told me the other day there were some "Mary Yost" Facebook accounts but she couldn't tell if any were mine. I still don't know how Facebook works, but maybe having my photo on my account will help me learn.

I think it would be fun to have some Facebook friends, but I have no illusions about two people who are not likely to grant me friend status. I know they need to preserve some space for themselves. That's OK, Mandy and Ben. Being your mom is enough for me.

No comments: