Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wig comb-over

One of the great things about wearing wigs is you don't have to do much with them. Every now and then they get a quick bath in special wig shampoo, a rinse, a good shake and then they air dry on their pedestals after I comb out a few tangles.

Probably because they are so low maintenance, I couldn't resist a little tinkering this morning.

What started out as my new "special occasion" wig back in January has become my everyday wig, while the wig I resurrected from Cancer 1.0 has been largely ignored. Wig #1 isn't a bad wig; it's the one I'm wearing in the photo I finally posted to this blog. I have been shunning it, I admitted as I combed it out, because it seems so much flatter on top than my shorter, sassier wig #2.

What if I gave it a bit more lift by combing part of the crown in a different direction? It seems to have helped, which is especially funny because I typically hate to style hair and have never been very good at it.

There is another hair dilemma I have yet to resolve but may need to figure out soon: Will it be better to golf wigless?

No comments: