Friday, December 19, 2008

Good medicine

A reunion of sorts last night reinforced why I am doing this blog. I went to the holiday dinner for our board at work. It was a festive event in the Statehouse Atrium for board members and their spouses.

I had last seen most of the board members at their meeting in September, when I was in the process of learning about my lump and not yet talking about it with anyone outside of family. I had not seen their spouses since the August board retreat, blissfully unaware of what I was about to face.

The hugs and support they provided last night were very good medicine. It was comforting to hear many of them are following my progress, cheering me on and offering prayers. It's easier to keep an eye on winning the battle when you know many others who aren't visible day to day are keeping the vision alive with you.

No comments: