Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Singing a new song

I'm moving slow today, thanks to the predictable crash following Monday's double dose of chemo. But I woke up with a song in my head that won't be repressed. It sent me in search of some old lyrics in need of a rewrite. Here's what I came up with; I think you'll recognize the tune:

It grew so fast, I was aghast;
this mass that I call my lump.
Came out of nowhere to cause a scare.
Now everyone knows it’s shrinking!

The best present yet that I could get.
The chemo gets most of the praise.
It’s knocking it down, so I won’t frown.
Everyone knows it’s shrinking!

It’s shrinking! It’s shrinking!
Thanks to the prayers and the drugs.
It’s shrinking! It’s shrinking!

Death to all cancer bugs!

My apologies to anyone who now has that song stuck on replay. Just try it with my new lyrics and smile along with me.

No comments: