Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quite a year

I never would have thought, when 2008 began, that I would end the year as a blogger. It just wasn't on my radar, but it has become such a blessing. I have always enjoyed writing, and certainly I wouldn't have picked the reason that prompted me to keep this blog, but it is nice to be writing again on a regular basis.

We probably don't take enough time to stop in our tracks and take stock of where we are and how we got there and where we are going. New Year's Eve is as good an excuse as any, but this exercise maybe should occur three or four times a year.

I am carrying good vibes from 2008 with me into the New Year. There was a great cruise with my mom, daughter and two sisters -- especially sweet because it followed Mom's heart attack last December. Tom and I had several nice trips -- one with my work to Tucson, one for fun to Las Vegas with my sister and brother-in-law and a great fall trip to Gettysburg. Ben's OSU graduation creates new options for him going forward. Professionally, I'm excited about the people I work with and the plans we have for the new year.

There is too much good surrounding me to outweigh the cancer in my gut. I look forward to the entry I will write in this blog a year from now, talking about all the great things that happened after the tumor was successfully removed. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Mary and Family -- this is going to be a good one for you I am sure.

Chanda Dicke