Monday, December 8, 2008

Not just me

I like to amuse myself by reading the daily horoscopes in the paper each morning. I read my own and those of my family and ponder briefly how they might apply to the day ahead. Usually I have forgotten them almost by the time I turn the page, especially if they are their usual innocuous blatherings.

Never mind that each horoscope is aimed at one of every 12 persons in the world. No matter that I can read my horoscope for the same day in two different sources and come up with two different predictions. As I said, this is mostly an amusement; a little something to get the brain cells going as I drink my coffee.

Every now and then though, one speaks to me and colors my outlook a bit longer. I like my horoscope for today because it syncs with my conviction that resources outside what I can muster by myself will carry me through this cancer fight and through other challenges I may face. The last part of today's Virgo horoscope reads: "Remember your past successes and go forward. You are a channel for powers beyond your own."

No comments: