Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pass it along

I'm struck by similarities in my personal recipe for good spirits (No, not the kind you drink!) and by what I have been reading in The Art of Possibility.

Authors Roz and Ben Zander write about opening up to the creative force of passion. They advise, "...notice where you are holding back, and let go. Release those barriers of self that keep you separate and in control, and let the vital energy of passion surge through you, connecting you to all beyond....Allow yourself to be a channel to shape the stream of passion into a new expression for the world." Roz Zander finds passion in nature and her husband finds it in music.

For me, there is also a letting go and an invitation to be filled with life-giving energy, but I find my source in the healing love of my faith. Opening up to that love and asking God to use me as a vessel to carry His love to others never fails to lift my spirits. You can't wallow in despair about whatever circumstances you find yourself in when your focus is on encountering others in love.

The miracle is that the more love you give away -- or, as the Zanders advocate, the more passion with which you embrace life -- the more it comes rushing back to you!

No comments: