Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let me entertain you!

A nice thing about doing this blog is the outlet it gives me for one of my passions -- writing.

Even better is the feedback I have received, in posted comments and otherwise, that my supporters are enjoying reading my writing again. It has been more than 16 years since I left my newspaper job and had a public outlet for writing. The writing I have done in the meantime has been more behind-the-scenes and focused on work issues or church matters.

No one ever wants the reason of a serious health issue to prompt attention to themselves or what they have to say. We all have the opportunity, though, to take whatever challenge we face and find a way to bring something positive out of it.

I am very thankful for all the encouragement I have been receiving to stay focused on healing and possibility and to have the outlet of this blog to express it. My obligation is to try to give my supporters a good read so you'll want to keep coming back!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Mary,
I have spent a good part of my morning reading and re-reading your blog. You have such talent. I am amazed at your strength and positive attitude. And to let your husband cut your hair, wow how brave are you? Stay strong and know you are in my prayers and I have faith you will beat this.

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I can't believe its been 16 years since you left the paper. Well, you haven't lost your gift for the written word. I love reading your blog and am amazed and inspired by your strength and courage.

Love, Cathy