Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ready for round 3

My third round of chemotherapy starts tomorrow, and it's weird to admit I look forward to it. There is comfort in knowing I am doing something to tackle this growth in my abdomen. It is surprising, too, that the second full round seemed easier to tolerate than the first. My appeitite was not off nearly as much this last time.

One round is a three-week cycle consisting of one chemo drug the first day, two chemo drugs a week later and then a week with no chemo. When the chemo began, my swollen belly made most clothes uncomfortable and I had to learn a new way of getting in and out of bed so as not to aggravate the pain. I haven't had that kind of pain for weeks now!

If I can see this kind of improvement after two rounds of chemo, what kind of great results will the third and fourth rounds bring? The only thing missing is some independent medical validation that the chemo is working, and that may be in the works soon. C'mon, chemo, do your thing!

No comments: