Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not so bad

A nice thing about chemo is that it provides some predictability. Once you've been through it a couple times, you know what to expect. It is far worse to be anticipating your first experience with chemo. I actually made myself sick 12 years ago on the eve of my first treatment.

Today is the low point of the aftermath of the double-dose I received on Friday, but it's not terrible. Mostly, I have no energy. Writing this entry is about the most energetic thing I'll do all day. But it's a good, quiet day to be lazy.

I actually feel better than I did after my first double-dose three weeks ago. Then, I was still taking pain pills around the clock, which I think contributed to my malaise. It is much easier to deal with the chemo when you see it doing what it is supposed to be doing. I know it is shrinking my tumor, so I can put up with these down days. Pardon me, now, if I head back to bed.

No comments: