Saturday, November 15, 2008

Love heals

My workplace frequently offers personal development opportunities, and one I took advantage of a while back is called HeartMath. A key concept of HeartMath involves reducing stress by focusing on positive, appreciative thoughts.

Daily e-mails from HeartMath include quotes to help keep those good thoughts flowing. Yesterday's quote was especially inspirational for me. "The greatest science in the world; in heaven and on earth; is love."
- Mother Teresa

I believe there is a lot of truth to that conviction. I am extremely thankful for the medical care I am receiving, but the regular messages of love and support I get from friends, family and co-workers are equally as powerful. My constant prayer is not only to receive that healing love but to also send it back out again in abundance. Whatever else we do, we are all called to act toward each other in love.

2 comments:

Sherry M. said...

Your gentle but strong spirit is rewarding. The sentiment from Mother Teresa is well-placed today, and my day is better thanks to your outreach. I will keep you close in my prayers and have missed you.

Anonymous said...

You are inspiring Mary Yost. . .