Sunday, January 18, 2009

My card

It is probably a sure sign that you're taking yourself too seriously when you start handing out business cards for a personal enterprise.

Well, I'm guilty. Enjoying a free afternoon yesterday, I started playing with some new project-creator software and came up with business cards to direct people to this blog.

They're pretty simple. My name, e-mail address, the URL for the blog and this invitation: "Follow my cancer treatment progress, and hopefully find inspiration for facing your own challenges."

That last part is in the smallest type size so as not to be too presumptuous. But I've always been pretty transparent, and the truth is it gives me a great deal of encouragement when I hear others say they find hope for handling their own problems in my words.

It comes down to this: There is no more important work than for us to build each other up.

No comments: